410 East 5th Street
Loveland, CO 80537
General Inquires -
When is a permit required?
A building permit is required for new construction, additions, or alterations. Examples of projects that require a building permit are:
|New Dwellings||New Buildings|
|Building Additions||Building Additions|
|Storage Sheds over 200sf||Storage Sheds over 120sf|
|Basement Finish||Interior Remodel / Tenant Finish|
|Demos (State Asbestos report required)||Electrical|
|Carports||Demos (State Asbestos report required)|
- How do I obtain a building permit?
- How do I request an inspection?
- What code does the City of Loveland enforce?
- How long will it take to get a building permit? The current plan review estimate for permits is 20-30 working days per round of review.
- Is a contractor required? A homeowner can complete their own work in the home that they reside in. Valid City of Loveland contractors are required for any structural, mechanical, electrical and plumbing work in rental homes, multi-family buildings and non-residential buildings. To obtain or renew a contractors license click here. To verify that a contractor holds a valid City license call