The City of Loveland does not require a sales tax license for vendors participating in a special event. However, if you currently have a City of Loveland license you can report your sales from the special event(s) on your regular sales tax return.
Information For Vendors
If you are a vendor participating in a special event, please follow these easy steps. Please note that you do not need to contact the Sales Tax Division prior to the event.
- Download a blank Special Event Form.
- Fill out the top portion with your name, full mailing address, name of the event that you are particpating in, and the date of the event.
- Display the form in your booth at the event.
- Complete the bottom portion of the form with the amount of sales collected.
- Remit 3% sales tax to the address provided on the form.
- Payment is due by the 20th of the month following the period of the event.
Information For Event Organizers
- The organizer must notify the Sales Tax Division of the date, location, and time of event, 30 days prior to the event itself.
- The organizer must prepare a list of vendors that include name, mailing address, and phone numbers, and be delivered to the Sales Tax Division prior to the event via mail or email.
- The organizer can request special event forms that the organizer will distribute to the vendors upon check in at the event.
Answers to Commonly Asked Questions
- The sales tax rate is 6.55% (3% Loveland, 2.9% State, 0.65% Larimer County).
- The City of Loveland is a home rule city, therefore, only the city sales tax (3%) should be remitted directly to the City.
- Vendors need to contact the Department of Revenue to inquire about the State's requirements for special events.
- Vendors need to contact Larimer County to inquire about the counties requirements for special events.